Thursday, August 15, 2013

My awesome and beautiful wife! A story of unity....

This is my awesome and beautiful wife........ shooting a gun.  Why is this video on this blog is what you are asking?  It is just a hot looking woman shooting a pistol, right?  Well this is not really about Rory shooting a gun as much as how Rory and I stretch and push and encourage one another in our relationship.  I met Rory when she was 16.  I was dating a friend of hers and she was dating a friend of mine.  Not serious dating just more hanging out than anything but one night I saw her for the first time and she blew me away with her beauty.  Suddenly miss no personality sitting next to me was out of the picture and my eyes could not stop gazing on this amazingly stunning woman.  A few weeks passed and we eventually started dating.  I was 17 and she was 16.  Today we are 35 and 36 respectively.  We have been together ever since that first date.  I realized very quickly that I loved her deeply and could not wait to make her my wife.  That is where this video comes in.  A year ago my wife would not have been interested in guns, shooting guns, looking at guns or having anything to do with them.  She now is a proud packing mama with a CCW! What happened was like the last 20 years being together we encourage one another to try and explore new things.  My interest became hers and hers have become mine.  In marriage stretching one another's interests and constantly encouraging one another to try new things keeps marriage fun and interesting! There are many things that I do now because of credit to my wife.  Through the last 20 years I have had the pleasure of falling deeper and deeper in love with her everyday.  The Lord expands my love for her daily, past what I think is possible.  It is a beautiful thing to experience a God filled union of marriage. 

 That is where this awesome one year RV adventure comes in! In 2007 when I brought up the idea of buying our first RV she did not want any part of it.  But through trust in me and prayer, we bought our first RV and proudly named her Big Brown Betsy.  We would take extended vacations in her annually but nothing more than 6 weeks at a time.  Fast forward to today where we have now embarked on a one year journey of adventure with our four fabulous little ones in our new motor home, Penelope London.  We are living out of a RV! I believe that through the greatness of the design of marriage, the foundation of trust we have in the Lord, the trust we have in one another and by God's mercy we have continued to love one another deeply, encouraging one another, praying for one another that we have expanded one another's adventure boundaries!  I love this woman with all my heart and who is she is today is who she was yesterday, years before and who she will be to come, but along the way no doubt God will continue to mold our hearts and there will be more adventure, more times to laugh, more times to cry and more times to fall more in love with her deeper than where I am at now.  I am grateful with a full heart, thank you Jesus............... 

No comments:

Post a Comment