Friday, August 30, 2013

First week of school!

Well Rory and I made it through the first week ever of homeschooling! No children have been lost or sacrificed so I would consider it to be a great success!  We actually had to pull each other back from the ledge of you "don't want to go there!" several times but by working together with some awesome rebuking of one another we have succeeded.  The kids seemed pretty pumped to have their new schedules and we are moving right along and trying to find a good routine to work in.  So far I think the best part of schooling is knowing I am teaching my kids and they are learning from us.  We also get to be intentional with our time with them which is a huge desire of ours over the next year.

We asked the kids what their favorite parts were of this week.  Ethan liked my math character "Mr. Yang".  Mr Yang teaches Matamaticas (insert asian accent!).  Alli finds it annoying but I think it is rather funny.  Owen was probably the hardest one to motivate but he is doing really well when we speak to his heart and encourage him that way.  Alli is rolling right along and she is really enjoying the new schedule.  Sophia just sucks up any information we put right in front of her and she loves doing big kid stuff!

As we continue to teach a more steady routine for the kids will develop and things will smooth out.  I think the week went great and Rory did awesome.  We really enjoyed ourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment