Saturday, January 11, 2014

For the last six weeks..............

Well, we went six weeks and no blog posts. Seriously! The time flies by when you have 4 kids and you are constantly in a state of movement.  Sometimes I wonder how time could go by so quick.  I remember being a kid and thinking it took forever for an hour to go by while I watched the clock dreaming of being my own "man" and making my own choices.  Now I just want five minutes with no child asking for something or having to clean something up.  I know you people with kids feel my pain...................

Sophia and Ma.
So it has been six weeks since the last post.  Many things have transpired in our lives but as far as the RV travel goes we were solely in one spot! We spent the holidays at my wife's parents house in LaGrange GA. It was a full six weeks of having fun, hanging out, spending time with family and it gave me some time to do some maintenance on the RV.

Just talking! with some wine
While in LaGrange, Rory surprised me for my birthday weekend and took me on a romantic getaway into the Georgia mountains.  We spent the weekend together at an awesome rustic mansion in the woods and we even got a room with no TV! It was really cool to be able to talk without having a conversation interrupted and just hearing the beauty of my wife speak! I love to hear her heart and to listen to her dreams.  She is a great encourager with her words and always has a positive  word to say to people.  Her dad let me drive his new BMW 5 series and it was really cool.  It brought back memories of the days when we had our 745 BMW.  Wow what a machine those Germans make! Thanks Pops!

Rental house kitchen
Other than spending our time in LaGrange, I had to fly back to KC for some business.  I closed on two new properties for Upper Room Properties LLC and had one project finishing up.  It was really good to see how my team is progressing with these renovations and I have to give a great big thank you to my friend Glenn, my general contractor and friend, who is really doing a great job while I am on this trip with my family.  I am finding that in order to succeed and grow your business sometimes the owner (ME) just needs to get out of the way and put your trust in those around you.  We keep expanding our rental portfolio in KC and by this time next year will have 20 income producing properties, all rehabbed and beautiful, and all with awesome tenants!  While I was there I found a beautiful home that I knew the family would love to make our home when our trip ends! We put an offer in on it and it was accepted! We are going to be closing on that home in mid February and starting renovations shortly after that.
Family Christmas pic
I love this woman!

Right now we are in the Florida Keys and will be in Florida until Feb 10th.  I will be doing some blog posts of our journeys here over the next few weeks and putting up some new videos.  Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment