Thursday, November 14, 2013

Travelling in PA

For the last several weeks we have been in PA visiting family, taking in the sights and learning along the way.  We made our way up to Butler PA to visit with some great friends of ours, Cory and Jayme Steighner and their family.  We always enjoy spending time with them and it never seems to be dull when our kids and theirs get together and we get to spend time together.  This also is the first time in our trip that we had a cold spell hit our RV.  I was really anxious to see how it would perform.  Our other RV, the BBT, as we affectionately call her, was very hard to manage in anything below freezing.  Our new RV, Penelope London, has held up quite well.  I have been using the diesel firing burner to keep it warm while parked at our friends driveway.  Normally I would use the 3 heat pumps but without a proper 50AMP plug I was kind of stuck to burn the diesel to keep it from freezing and to keep us warm while we slept.  It seems to be working and I am quite certain that we won't have the problems we had with the other one.
I also had the chance to go to Ikea in Pittsburgh.  I really love that store.  I only know a few people who don't enjoy a shopping trip to Ikea, my wife being one of them.  I was on the lookout for any new design style I can put into my renovations that I do on my investment houses as well as any new kitchen designs I can incorporate.  I took the kids with me when I went.  Thank you Ikea for the kids play area! That one hour of peace was awesome!  I met a woman there by the name of Kate who was also putting her kids into the play area.  We got to talking and she had asked why my kids were not in school and it moved into what we were doing and such for the next year.  She was so excited because her husband and her wanted to do something like that with their kids.  So Kate, if you read this, it was great talking to you!

We took a little detour into Ontario Canada for the last couple days.  Another blog will follow on that.  Thanks for keeping up with us and our journey.  I will be posting a map soon of our travels so far as well as what is going on for the next several months.

2 comments: